PORTERS WAGE RATES 2018
TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE NEXT ISSUE OF THE GAZETTE OF PAKISTAN
GILGIT-BALTISTAN COUNCIL SECRETARIAT, ATA TURK AVENUE, F-512, ISLAMABAD.
Islamabad, the 12th January, 2018
No.T.5(1)/2013-GBC. Gilgit-Baltistan Council Secretariat, Islamabad has approved Porters Wage Rates for the calendar year 2018 as per details given below:-
A) APPROVED WAGE RATES OF PORTERS FOR THE YEAR 2017
|S. No.||Description||Approved Wage Rates of|
Porters (Pak Rs.)
|1.||Overall Wages per stage||730|
|· Return/Empty Run||195|
|· Ration Money||150|
|2.||Crossing Charges per expedition/party for High passes above 4000 meters||960|
|3.||Wages for rest day/normal stoppage||370|
|4.||Kit allowance upto 4 stages||380|
|5.||Kit allowance beyond 4 stages||770|
|6.||Meat money per trip||285|
B) GENERAL CONDITIONS
- A party shall pay daily wages of porters on the day they are engaged.
- A party shall provide insurance cover of porters before start of the trek.
- Kit allowance shall be applicable on Gondogoro La, Baltoro, Biafo, Hisper, Shimshal Pass, Mazino Pass (around Nanga Parbat), Chilingi Pass, Darkut and any other pass above 4000 meters.
- A porter shall carry a maximum weight of 25 KG on all treks in Gilgit-Baltistan.
- A party shall leave a camping site by appropriate disposal of all biodegradable materials and shall follow the international guidelines for maintenance of healthy ecosystems.
- In case of breach of these rules, a porter association or all the members of such association, a party or all the members of such a party and sponsors of such a party shall be disqualified for any future trekking engenderment in Gilgit-Baltistan for a maximum period of 3 years.
(Sha nawaz Mahsud)
Printing Corporation of Pakistan Press,