Member Development Program (MDP)
- Gilgit-Baltistan Council Secretariat started Member Development Program to address the basic development needs of the people in year 2013.
- Objective of this program is to improve socio-economic development through execution of link roads, small village level schemes like drinking water, sanitation etc.
- Under this program , schemes are sponsored by the following Members
• Minister-In-Charge, GBC
• Governor, GB being Vice Chairman of GBC
• Chief Minister, GB
• 06 Elected Members of the GB Council.
Each Member was allocated Rs. 20 Million every year as development fund. Now the fund has been increased to Rs 50 Million for the current financial year for sponsoring the schemes.