Gilgit-Baltistan Council is a constitutional body established in 2010 under Article 33 of Gilgit-Baltistan (Empowerment and Self Governance) Order, 2009. The Council has clearly defined executive and legislative powers. The Council has following composition.
- CHAIRMAN \ PRIME MINISTER OF PAKISTAN
- VICE-CHAIRMAN \THE GOVERNER GILGIT- BALTISTAN
- Six members nominated by the Prime Minister of Pakistan from amongst Federal Ministers/Members of the Parliament.
- The Federal Minister for Kashmir Affairs and Gilgit-Baltistan is an ex officio Member and Minister-in-charge of the Council.
- The Chief Minister of Gilgit-Baltistan.
- Six members elected by the GB Assembly in accordance with the system of proportional representation by means of a single transferable vote.
- The Minister of State for Kashmir Affairs and Gilgit- Baltistan is ex officio non voting member of the Council.